Learn how to make moong palak chilla. Healthy and easy breakfast recipe.
Chillas are yummy and savory pancakes that can be made with various flours, grains, or dals. Here I have used sprouted moong and palak/spinach to make it nutritious. Sprouts are usually rich in proteins, it also contains many more essential nutrients required for the human body. Moong sprouts are low in calories, have fiber and B vitamins, and deliver a boost of vitamins C and K.
The Moong Palak Chilla is a great way to start your day – a healthy breakfast that is high in proteins, essential vitamins, and minerals to keep you going the whole day. This chilla is a great way to introduce sprouts and veggies to kids.
You may also like:
Check out other recipes :
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of moong palak chilla. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast option, do try this out.
Moong Palak Chilla Recipe
Moong Palak Chilla
- 2 cups Moong sprouts
- 1 cup Spinach leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tsp Jeera/cumin
- 2 tbsp Besan
- Salt to taste
- Handful Coriander
- In a mixer pot, add moong sprouts, spinach leaves, coriander, ginger, green chillies, jeera and blend it to a smooth batter. Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Transfer it to bowl. Add besan, salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava using 1/4 tsp of oil.P
- Pour a portion of the batter on the medium hot tava and spread it evenly with the use of ladle.
- Cook the chilla, using 1/4 tsp of oil till both sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat the above steps to make more chillas with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with any chutney/pickle/sauce.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below and feel free to share this recipe on your social accounts. You can share your creations by tagging @happinesss.is.homemade on Instagram. Follow Happinesss Is Homemade on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.