Learn how to make sabudana vada with detailed step-by-step recipe. Easy and delicious fasting recipe.
Sabudana vada is a very popular dish in Maharashtrian cuisine. It is one of my favorite snacks that can be made for Hindu fasting days or an evening snack too. Nowadays, it is also served as street food in some parts of Maharashtra.
Sabudana vada is made with tapioca pearls (sago), potatoes, peanuts, and some basic spices. This recipe gives you a perfect Sabudana Vada that is crispy from outside with a soft and light texture from inside.
To make a perfect sabudana vada, soaking of sabudana plays a vital role. Always soak sabudana with an equal amount of water. I like to serve my sabudana vadas with peanut chutney but it can also be served with green chutney, plain sweetened curd, or tomato sauce.
You can check out my other recipes by clicking here:
You may also like :
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Sabudana vada.
Sabudana Vada Recipe
Here is how to make this perfect crispy sabudana vada that can be served as a snack/breakfast.
- Sabudana (big) – 1 cup
- Water – 1cup
- Boiled potatoes – 2, medium size, grated
- Peanuts – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, take 1 cup sabudana and 1 cup of water. Soak it overnight or at least 3-4 hours.
- After soaking, if there is any remaining water, drain it off.
- Heat a pan and roast 1/2 cup peanuts in it. Peanuts should be crunchy and well roasted.
- Let it cool down and grind it coarsely.
- Take a bowl. Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Divide it into equal portions. Make vada/patties.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry vada on medium flame till it becomes golden and crispy.
- Serve hot with peanut chutney/green chutney/tomato sauce/sweetened curd.
Always soak sabudana in equal amount of water i.e. 1:1 proportion.
You can skip adding red chilli powder or replace it with finely chopped green chillies.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below and feel free to share this recipe on your social accounts. You can share your creations by tagging @happinesss.is.homemade on Instagram. Follow Happinesss Is Homemade on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.