Learn how to make chatpata salad with detailed step-by-step recipe. Healthy, easy, and delicious – rajma salad recipe.
Rajma/Kidney beans salad is a high protein, vegan, and easy to make recipe, can be enjoyed with your meals. Kidney beans are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, such as folate, iron, copper, manganese, potassium, and vitamin K1.
Cooked kidney beans offer several weight-loss-friendly compounds, making them an excellent addition to an effective weight loss diet. Also, it is rich in iron which helps to maintain your hemoglobin levels.
Making this rajma salad is very easy. All you need is cooked rajma/kidney beans, some chopped vegetables, and a dash of lime with chaat masala and salt. You can cook and store rajma and just mix it with other ingredients at the time of serving.
You may also like:
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Healthy Rajma salad.
Healthy Rajma/Kidney Beans Salad Recipe
Here is how to make this healthy salad that you can have for a light meal or serve as a side dish with your regular meals.
Rajma Salad Recipe | Healthy Kidney Beans Salad Recipe | Indian Style Rajma Salad
- 1/2 cup Rajma/Kidney beans
- 1/2 cup Onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot, grated
- 1 or 2 Green Chillies, cut into slits
- 3 tsp Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Mint leaves
- 3 tsp Lemon juice
- 1tsp Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Wash kidney beans and soak in enough water for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Add soaked kidney beans to the pressure cooker. Add a tsp of salt and enough water. Pressure cook for about 3-4 whistles.
- Allow pressure to release naturally. Drain the excess water. The rajma should be soft and cooked well.
- In a mixing bowl, add cooked rajma/kidney beans and all remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and serve.
- Enjoy this Indian style rajma salad with your everyday meals.