Learn how to make paneer makhani with the detailed step-by-step recipe. Easy, luscious, and creamy restaurant-style recipe.
Paneer makhani is a slightly sweet, creamy, and very popular dish of paneer. This restaurant-style paneer makhani gravy is prepared usually with butter, tomatoes, onions, cashews, and cream. This super delicious paneer makhani is loved by most Indians and is a total hit at my house too. This recipe is very simple and easy to make. You just need to prepare makhani gravy which is very easy or we can say, it is a one-pot recipe.
Paneer makhani is a very famous recipe that you will find in most Indian restaurant menus. This recipe is mainly cooked in butter because makhani itself means buttery, and no oil is used for this recipe. The taste of this recipe is very much similar to what you will get in the restaurant.
Paneer makhani is my most favorite paneer recipe. It is very easy and when your makhani gravy is ready, 90% of your dish ready. For making makhani gravy, just boil all the ingredients required for gravy for about 20-25 mins.,cool it down and blend it smooth. Then soft paneer cubes are dunked into it, topped with some fresh cream, and your rich creamy restaurant-style paneer makhani is ready.
You may also like:
Check out other recipes :
Paneer Makhani Recipe
Here is how to make delicious restaurant-style paneer makhani.
Paneer Makhani Recipe | Restaurant style paneer makhani
Ingredients for makhani gravy
- 3 cups Tomato, finely chopped
- 1 cup Onion , sliced
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 Green chili
- 10-12 Cashews
- 1 Bayleaf/Tejpatta
- 1 Black cardamom
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Green cardamom
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt, to taste
Other ingredients for paneer makhani
- 250 gms Paneer/Cottage cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili
- 1 tbsp Kasuri methi
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh cream
- Fresh coriander – finely chopped, for garnishing
- Heat a pan, add all the ingredients for makhani gravy. (Onion, Tomato, ginger, garlic, green chilli, cashews, bayleaf, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, green cardamom, kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, butter, water).
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 20-25 mins on medium flame.
- Switch off the flame. Let the mixture cool down.
- Remove bayleaf, black cardamom and cinnamon stick from the pan.
- Transfer remaining ingredients from pan to a blender jar and blend till smooth. Your makhani gravy is ready.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp butter, kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Add paneer cubes and lightly roast from all sides. Sprinkle some salt.
- Add prepared makhani gravy. Cook on low flame for about 5 mins.
- Add crushed kasuri methi, fresh cream. Cook for 2 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and fresh cream.
- Serve hot with your choice of paratha or rice.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below and feel free to share this recipe on your social accounts. You can share your creations by tagging @happinesss.is.homemade on Instagram. Follow Happinesss Is Homemade on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.
I have always wanted a simple recipe for paneer makhani. Thank you.
I am glad you liked this recipe. Thank you.