Learn how to make Maharashtrian style methi cha gholana. Easy, quick, and healthy salad recipe.
Koshimbir is a typical Maharashtrian salad served as an accompaniment to the main dish. Any Maharashtrian meal is incomplete without koshimbir in it. A meal must contain a salad to make it fully nutritious.
Maharashtrian salads or chutneys enhance the flavor of your meal. There are so many different types of koshimbiri like kakdi koshimbir, onion tomato, cabbage koshimbir, carrot-radish koshimbir, and what not. Here today I am sharing how to make this koshimbir typically called methi cha gholana. I have used here some fresh, homegrown methi leaves. Methi can be replaced with spinach leaves.
You may also like:
Check out other recipes :
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Methi Koshimbir.
Methi Gholana Recipe
Here is how to make this easy methi cha gholana/koshimbir.
Methi Koshimbir| Maharashtrian style methi koshimbiri | Methi Gholana |Fenugreek leaves salad
- 1 cup Methi/Fenugreek leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- In a mixing bowl, add methi leaves, spring onion, tomato, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, salt, and lime juice. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a seasoning pan, add mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, switch off the flame.
- Add this to the above-prepared mixture. Mix well and serve immediately.
- Enjoy it as a siding with your meals. It also tastes good with jowar/bajra bhakri.