Learn how to make kairichi kadhi with detailed step-by-step recipe. Easy, and delicious – kairichi kadhi recipe.
Kadhi or karhi is an Indian dish consists of a thick gravy and yougurt is added to give it a bit of sour taste. But this version of maharshtrian style kadhi is made using raw mango pulp instead of yogurt or curd.
Raw mango, also called as kachchi kairi, is a special part of summer memories. When summer is here, we just can’t wait to use these summer produce in our kitchen. You will find this in almost every Indian kitchen during summers. Here are some health benenefits of raw mangoes –
- Rich in vitamin A and E that enhances one’s hormonal system.
- It prevents dehydration.
- It cures stomach disorders such as constipation, indigestion, diarrhea.
- Cleanses the liver and promotes the secretion of bile acid.
- It is high in vitamin C, calcium, magnesium which is helpful for releasing toxins from the body.
This raw mango kadhi is also known as ‘Goad Kadhi or Sweet Kadhi’ because as raw mangoes are sour in taste, to minimize its sourness we add some jaggery powder to this kadhi for a little sweet n sour taste.
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Raw mango kadhi. If you are a kachchi kairi lover just like me, do try this out.
Kairichi Kadhi Recipe
Raw mango kadhi or sweet kadhi is an easy to make side dish which you can serve with your meals. Here is how to make it.
- 1 medium size Raw mango (kairi), peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Jeera/Cumin seeds
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- Curry leaves
- Ginger garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Jaggery powder
- 1 cup Water
- In a pressure pan or cooker add chopped kairi and 1/2 cup of water. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Add this cooked kairi alongwith the water in it to a mixer pot and make fine puree.
- Trasfer it to a bowl and add besan to it. Mix well and keep aside. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Heat a pan/kadhai. Add ghee, jeera, green chilli, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste.
- Add kairi-besan mix, salt, jaggery powder, water. Mix well and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice/chapati.
Make sure to mix besan well to make lump free kadhi.
If jaggery powder is not available, whole jaggery can also be used.
You can increase or decrease the amount of jaggery as per your taste.
If you like this recipe please leave a comment below and feel free to share this recipe on your social accounts. You can share your creations by tagging @happinesss.is.homemade on Instagram. Follow Happinesss Is Homemade on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest.