Learn how to make basundi with the detailed step-by-step recipe. Easy, luscious, and creamy – Maharashtrian dessert recipe.
Basundi is a traditional Indian dessert recipe made during festival seasons or on special occasions. This dessert is most popular in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Karnataka. Basundi is basically sweetened milk made by boiling milk on low flame till it is reduced to desired consistency and flavored with cardamom and nutmeg along with some chopped dry fruits.
This recipe for making basundi is very easy and doesn’t need many ingredients. Yeah, but it requires patience as it is made by boiling full cream milk on low flame till the milk is reduced to half. Also, keep stirring it continuously and scratch the sides while boiling the milk.
You may also like :
Check out other recipes :
Sharing here my step-by-step recipe of Basundi. If you have a sweet tooth, do try this out.
Here is how to make this rich and creamy Indian dessert to prepare for dinner parties at home to leave your guests delighted.
Basundi Recipe | How to make basundi
- 1 lit Full cream milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 8-10 strands Saffron strands
- 1 tbsp Chironji
- Chopped dry fruits – almonds, pistachios, cashews , for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan or kadhai, boil 1 liter full cream milk.
- When it comes to boil, lower the flame and keep stirring continuously.
- Keep on boiling till the milk is reduced to half. Also, scratch the sides while boiling the milk.
- Add sugar and saffron strands and mix well. Boil for another 5 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, chironji, chopped dry fruits and cook for another 2 minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Serve the kheer hot or cold. Garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachios before serving.
Thank you 😊